<VV> to Tim in Bovey

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 9 00:15:26 EDT 2009

Tim,
Personally, I think you've been reading too many conspiracy/political
books, as you sound very paranoid. The system that the national club I
mentioned uses works well, with none of the problems you mention. Plus it
has the advantage of allowing anyone to join as many locals (for whatever
reason) as he wants. The locals get their money right after the first of
the year (expriation date for everyone) and a list of who's a member of
their local. This actually tends to increase the local club's overall
membership.
I might add that that club was founded around that system, so nobody has a
problem with the national membership requirement. You join the local, you
have to join thru the national. Period. All handled on one membership app
for everyone everywhere. In fact, the membership actually likes it that
way, and prefers it.
-Mark

suggested that the national club collect the local dues for them, too?
sure, the clubs will love taking away their control of their finances. I
assume then that the national organization would come up with some way tO
disburse these funds promptly to the chapters so they may operate their
clubs?

> Holy crap, that's on the road to being a military state! Cripes, as it
is, when someone joins Corsa it takes a month or two to even get a
membership card (and nothing else, BTW) and now you want them screwing with
100+ chapters dues money! Egad.