<VV> Taillight Re: Deep Breath Time

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 10:25:27 EDT 2009

Mike,
     Thanks for the excellent advice.
Regarding your "bad ground" on the taillight, Corvairs depend on good electrical contact between the taillight housing and the sheet metal where it snaps in the body.  If you're getting erratic operation of this light (sometimes it lights, sometimes it doesn't) that erratic connection is probably where the problem lies.  You can unsnap the housing and try bending some of the tabs just a SLIGHTLY outward to improve the contact and make sure there's clean metal on the body where the housing snaps in.  Or, you can take the drastic step of replacing the stock housing with one that Ford uses which is almost the same, EXCEPT it includes an extra ground wire from the housing that can be directly attached to the car body with a sheet metal screw.  Hopefully you won't have to go THAT far!<GGG>
     Frank "stock is a good beginning" Burkhard