<VV> is there a secret to LM turn signal switch install?

Ray Rodriguez III grymm at echoes.net
Thu Sep 10 23:45:38 EDT 2009

I had a bad signal switch in the 66...   took the one out of the 65 (nice and easy compared to the 66), and put it in the 66....   The bearing wouldnt go far enough down the shaft/into the switch assembly to get the damn 65' snap ring in place...  I pressed the bearing in till it broke the switch assembly in three pieces....  never did get the snapring in place.

I'm now ordering a replacement switch (I'll need 2 now.. lovely) and dont want to break this one...  if no one can help with this I'm just leaving the damn snap ring out and letting the spring hold the bearing more or less where it belongs.. but I'd like to do it right....  so how the hell are you supposed to get the snap ring on after installing the turn switch and bearing?

PS- I actually had to break the (already broken) old switch completely apart to disassemble.. and remove the snap ring from the then bare shaft...  seems impossible.

Ray Rodriguez III (aka Grymm)
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe (red)
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction)
Self designated ambassador to the younger generation