<VV> update: noise when clutching- diagnose this!

Ray Rodriguez III grymm at echoes.net
Fri Sep 11 00:56:15 EDT 2009

Here is a link... if you have sound on (turn it up a bit) you should be able to hear the noise I was hearing when clutching...

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/?action=view&current=100_1701.flv

In case you missed the other message today I found a puddle of gear oil under the car...   not sure if the clutch got lubed and caused the noise, or if the trouble that was causing the noise caused the leak (coming from between the diff and bell housing as it usually does).

Either way I'll be replacing the trans rear seal, clutch, throwout bearing, and clutch pilot bushing in the next week or so......  Tell me if there is anything I'm missing, and if you have heard this particular (strange) noise before and exactly what it was.

Ray Rodriguez III (aka Grymm)
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe- red (pee'd the driveway)
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction)