<VV> shoulder harnesses

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Sep 11 20:07:59 EDT 2009

Bob,
I'm sure you're right for the late model convertibles. My 63 vert only had
lap belt mounts for the front seats. I had to weld plates under the floor
for reinforcement for the rear seat lap belts. I know, I could have used
fender washers but I had the two 4-inch square by 1/4-inch thick plates with
integral 1/2 inch nuts in the center "in stock" along with a friend to weld
them.

I do not plan to install shoulder harnesses in my 63 vert. I'm sure that I
could come up with a mount on the folding top mechanism frame but I
virtually never have the top up.  I'd rather deal with lap belts only than
take the chance of having "unsafe" shoulder harnesses. I was just passing
along info that I had.

Thanks anyway for the advice. I will keep it in my "archive memory" in case
I get a late vert.

Dave Thompson