<VV> the new 66' Corsa wheels

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Sep 12 10:30:01 EDT 2009

At 06:22 PM 9/11/2009, Ray Rodriguez III wrote:
>If it suits your personal preferences 15x8's work great all the way
>around... many of the cars you see with 3rd gen camaro wheels are
>15'x8's.   I'm putting a set of 15x8 corvette rallys all the way
>around on my 65' when it finally gets finished in fact.
>
>The wheels on the 66' are 14's..   215-60-14's all the way
>around.  I'd prefer wider in the rear and the wheels a little closer
>to the outside of the car, but these are definitely good enough...
>they look nice.  The front of the car isnt "quite" as low as it is
>in the pics, the trunk was FULL of stuff (some of it heavy) when I
>took those pics... but it is quite low...  I'm really big on using
>stance and rolling stock to get an aggressive look.

My filthy and in need of repaint '65 Corsa rag-top has 14x8 Olds 442
rally wheels on it.    265r60 tires on back fit without rubbing but
are pretty close.   235r60 tires in front are very close... need a
slight trim of the front fender wheel well lip so as to not rub on
"bumped" tight turns.    I did the "baseball bat roll" trick on the
front wheel well lips to help out as well and *almost* could get by
with that front lip area but not quite.    A slightly narrower tire
would clear OK.    These sizes are about as wide as will readily fit
without some interesting trickery.

tony..