<VV> Variant 140 secondary

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 14:23:36 EDT 2009

Hi Stan,
Apparently nobody has responded to your questions, so I'll try to.
I am not sure i follow your explanation but it sounds like you may not have
 stock secondary carbs there. That cross-pin and ball were used as I
remember on  the very early carbs for 1960 or so. I don't know what you mean be
cut area. But  anyhow you should try to have active accel pumps working on the
secondary carbs.  The pump should push fuel out from the bottom of the
well, past the ball check  and dump fuel out of one or two very small holes on
the side of the venturi  barrel. But you may have to have the cover installed
on the carb to have this  happen. The enrichment circuit is completely
separate and is not present on the  stock secs, so if you have that on your secs
you have the wrong carbs.
Do any of your carbs have a tag with part numbers?
The enrichment circuit has a separate needle valve under the venturi
cluster only on the primary carbs that allows additional fuel to flow into the
main well

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 9/11/2009 10:26:17 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,