<VV> 3-Point Retractors in Late Model Coupe

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 11:44:46 EDT 2009

Sorry,  first sent without changing the subject line (at least I didn't
resend the  entire VV email...

"...the  issue with retractors in a coupe is that they have to mount
somewhere near the  floor and they are fairly large, which means easy to trip over
when getting in  and out of the back seat. Not to mention having to crawl
under/through the  shoulder belt...

Agreed, Kent, those are valid considerations; but, the alternative:
risking driving without modern 3-point belts, is (I believe) a  considerably
greater concern. The installation in my 67 moves the retractor  fully rearward,
and has not caused any issue during the infrequent use of the  rear
compartment.

Installation pictures, with comments, have now been completed and can be
viewed at: _http://rides.webshots.com/album/574577186eZnzPj_
(http://rides.webshots.com/album/574577186eZnzPj)

Mike Mauro
1967 Coupe (and other  Corvairs)