<VV> Reminiscing Re: EM Monza PG Idle Problem (humor?)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 18:31:18 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/13/2009 5:44:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
frankcb at aol.com writes:

Now my  wife well knew that her Corvair was air-cooled, but wanted to teach
this guy a  lesson.  Sure of an easy sale, he followed her out of the
store, took one  look at the Corvair, uttered an expletive and beat a hasty
retreat back inside  the store.
Thanks for bringing back the  memory!
Frank Burkhard

Happened to my mother with her second Corvair--a '63 Monza--but the kid
actually put the antifreeze in the oil filler.  She was half a block from
home and she actually made it.  I happened to be visiting when she proudly
told me she was ready for winter with her antifreeze, but the engine was
bucking  and needed a tuneup.  Of course I drained it, changed the oil and filter
and went to see the mechanic at the shop who promptly demoted the kid down
to  pump jockey.  The young guy took so much razzing from the other  guys he
quit later.

Bob