<VV> Tires for the 67

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 02:09:14 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/15/2009 9:06:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dpleau at wavecable.com writes:

The  tread width will be the same 205cm.

dp

Needing tires and  still pondering what to do. Presently using  205/70/14s
mounted on  Camaro rally wheels. I'm considering changing to  205/75/14.

Actually, Dennis, the 205 is the section width, not the tread. A slight
difference, to be sure. The best way I have found to compare those types of
measurements is to go to Tirerack.com and pick out a specific tire and size,
say  a Kumho 195/70-14. Then select the listing that they present for all
other sizes  of that particular tire. That will show the specifications for
all of the  various sizes of the tire. That will let you check and compare the
 installed width on a specified rim, section width and the tread width.
Most  street tires are available in both 70 and 75 aspect ratios, you can
compare the  info for yourself.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette