<VV> engine (only) removal for LMs?

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Sep 16 05:56:57 EDT 2009

This can be done ... but at risk, especially on standard shift cars.
The slightest slip and one can break the snout off the differential,
the one upon which the throwout bearing slides.  You do not want
to have to replace that part as it is the first part placed on the
assembly line and the car is built around it :-)
Ken P

"J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Ray,  Others will disagree...  but I just use a regular floor jack with a
large (4 inch?) cup and a piece of 2X6.  Being VERY careful, I can do engine
only without a helper to balance the engine - but it makes me feel better
when there is an extra pair of hands.

Be careful not to hang the weight of the engine on the input shaft since
that runs the risk of bending it.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110