<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 56, Issue 91

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Wed Sep 16 12:09:38 EDT 2009

Roy:  As a retired Engineering Tech Support type person at Caterpillar, I
understand!

I was working from material from 1966 and 1982.  You from personal contact
in 1985.  Very interesting info.  Thanks!

But how did he do it?!

So then, two things:
	1. Does anyone have pictures of Art's last configuration?  Or any of the
configurations between the 1966 HR article and the last configuration?  Or
other documentation?
	2.  There is very little info out there about this configuration and Art
Silva.  While he is still counted among the living, one or more some-bodies
need to collect his history from external sources, interview him and copy
and photos and documents he'll let you do.  This corner of Corvair history
needs to be collected and retained.  While important to only a fairly small
group of Corvair folk, it is still important.  Please, some knowledgeable
person in the area, go do it.  Soon! The V-8 Registry book I have is almost
all mid-engine cars.  As are all the period articles in car magazines.

On two other related points.
	1. Frank Gardner, the perpetrator of the Lola F-5000 based car from down
under, has departed this life as we know it. I tried to interview him via
e-mail a few years ago, and was told he was to ill at the time to
participate.
	2. I think I now know where Ian Richardson is, and hope to contact him in
the next few weeks.  Richardson raced a McLaren Can-Am based Corvair in
England in the early 70's.  Frank Gardner, in a Camaro, was one of his
competitors...

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique
                   PCG member

Message: 7