<VV> 110 PG with rough idle and wanting to stall at stops

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 20 15:31:20 EDT 2009

I just tried the wire down the venturi suggestion.  When placed in
the left carb it shuts the engine down.  When placed in the right
carb engine continues to run.  No change in the performance.
I then tried removing the idle screws and sprayed Gumout in the
holes.  I reinstalled, gently seated them, and then backed out 1 1/2
turns per the manual.  No change in the performance.
I tried the hand over the carb, rev and release method.  The left
side immediately dies when covered unless I rev first and then place
my hand over the carb.  The right carb allowed placement of the hand
and then reving.  After trying that three times on both sides... no
change in the performance.
I eyeballed the crossover tube where possible and felt for cracks in
the rubber connections in the tubes where I couldn't and felt
nothing.  Remember that it is attached to the carb with hose clamps.

Next...

Stephen