<VV> Horrid Red Plastic thingy?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Sep 20 18:01:25 EDT 2009

At 05:48 PM 9/20/2009, Matt Nall wrote:

>Dare the newbie ask what the horrid red plastic thingy is? Or will I
>need to
>brace myself with a vodka tonic first?
>
>   On LM's  next to battery on the rail....  the 1/4x20  electrical
>junction stud....
>
>Challenged Goriila's working on Vairs seem to find them fragile!  LOL!!

I am here to defend the HLRPT.

I installed one on the (now maroon) '62 ragtop when it got switched
over to alternator w/late style wiring.   Two years later, still
working just fine.

The HLRPT was a used one taken off a parts car a decade ago, rescued
from an old box of wire harnesses in the barn.    Keep battery acid
off it and it will just work and work and work...

tony..