<VV> Lowering LM Front End

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Mon Sep 21 08:30:59 EDT 2009

If you raise the front spring rates you may or not pick up some additional
understeer ... not usually something you want on a boy racer corvair ...
but not always, because lowering the front end also transfers some
additional mass toward the front ...  making it a bit of a wash, if the
crossover point is hit.

You might consider another lowering approach, which I did on my
69-110-4-3.55.  I just popped some smaller diamter tires on the front, vs.
rear tire diameter.  the combinations are endless, although my favorite
value tire, the BFG RTA I think are not still available in 13 inch.  I am
now in love with BFG Comp Sports, but they are not cheap to play wheels and
tires games with.

Or run something on a 14 or 15 ralleye wheel or vette early ( weighs a ton )
on the rear, with " standard" 13 fronts....
appearance wise, if you go really small on the front, ala LowRider ...  you
can bottom on potholes... also  starts to look like too large wheel wells..
but that rake does look nice.

If you go too far, you also are always sliding out the seats.  At one time I
tried some Good Year Corsa  tires, heh heh, I think they were about a 13 x
165 or something ...  but I thought the Corsa on the sidewalls was neat.
Those wound up as  spare's, they were really small ...   but watch running
odd left and right tires on the rear, makes the diff grind away all the time
... ( I think ... ) ...

hope something above helps... ken at delta, " for every answer, at least 3
questions ... no waiting  " ...