<VV> How to replace a VW fan belt in 5 seconds...

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 15:25:29 EDT 2009

I know it's not a 'Vair, but I just couldn't resist posting this.
Please,
please, please... don't try this at home!     Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA&feature=player_embedded

Bit he's not finished!   Garbage... the top pulley on a VW   has shims
which must be set with each belt, it you want it to last...

Nice performance though!   I love YouTube!

  PS  it takes about 2 seconds to install a new belt on my sandcar ,
Vair powered... no beltguides..adjusted loose...

But then I've never thrown one after I fixed it  by using a Gen
adapter  machined to put the Alt. slightly off alignment but to the
outside...

The little bit of   "tilt"  turned out to be the trick..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm