<VV> Results of Tire Size Request

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Sep 21 20:21:28 EDT 2009

Hi Hank,

Sorry, couldn't reply until this evening.  I would also suggest either
the 195/60-15 or 205/60-15 to correspond to a 6.50-13 or 7.00-13.
Assuming your car isn't lowered, either size should fit.  If you use
the 205's, do check the clearance at the front lower corner of the
front wheelwells and the inside top.

I don't know if anyone responded on brand, but my favorite general
purpose tire is the BFG Radial T/A.  You will find there's a big
difference in ride between tires and the T/As ride ok while delivering
reasonable performance at a decent price.

One other comment, it's nice to be able to rotate the tires for a
normal street car if you're driving it enough to wear them out before
they rot, so having the same sizes front and rear can be an advantage.

Photos of various wheel/tire combos:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/wheelpics.html

Let us know what you get and how they turn out.  Good luck!

--Bryan

On Sep 21, 2009, at 4:09 PM, <kaczmarek at charter.net> <kaczmarek at charter.net