<VV> dumb question!

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Thu Sep 24 00:09:24 EDT 2009

Ray - Oil is the Corvair disc killer. There is no way to clean the oil
out without destroying the lining. I would say from personal experience
that 19 out of every 20 Corvair discs are replaced because of oil and no
other reason.

(Should I?)  You're probably embarking on a new and wonderful adventure.
I suspect that your flywheel is bad. Bad rivets cause wallowed out pilot
bushings, destroyed input seals, oil on the disc and it gets
worse........Broken clutch release bearing shft, damaged main bearings,
damaged forward pinion bearings, broken starter noses etc etc.

But maybe you're lucky?    Lon