<VV> GPS and magnets

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 06:34:14 EDT 2009

i used to borrow a radar gun to check my speedometers , but i now use the
garman 200. i bought an extra disk (the one that came with it is glued to my
 dash with silicone rubber) and epoxied a magnet on one to use in the
corvairs. i  used a super strong hard drive magnet.
 i take junk hard drives apart for magnets to use in my engines ,
transmissions ,and differentials to catch any loose metals. i put the engine one  on
the oil pump screen in the recessed area. those magnets are very strong ,
and  free. they are very handy around the shop.  just do not get your fingers
in  between 2...they bite!
regards from sunny vt , tim colson