<VV> painting on the cheap

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Sep 25 09:37:14 EDT 2009

At 07:59 AM 9/24/2009, you wrote:

>>Maybe I need to shoot some onto something to see how it goes...
>>tony..
>
>I'd try the neighbors car first...when he is asleep or something.
>TLH

Sounds like a plan...  I have a rep of annoying the neighbors anyway.

I already wrecked one neighbor's grass one weekend when I shot a
stream of 5 year old sour gas onto it while blowing air into the tank
of that '67 coupe, from the fuel line in the engine bay, trying to
unstop a clog.    Car had just been bought the day before, couldn't
get fuel from the tank to the engine, redneck owner had been running
it with a can of gas in the spare tire well, plumbed into the pump.

Squirted air into the fuel line.   Nothing was happening... asked the
significant other, "Hey, you DID take the filler cap off didn't ya?"

"Uh no, why"

"Take it off and listen to see if you can hear any bubbling or something."

"OK...     What the HELL!"

She dodged the stream but it launched in a miniature torrent out the
filler spout and onto the neighbor's lawn.

The sock had gummed up and clogged, air pressure simply blew the sock
off the line in the tank.   Then pressurized the damned near full of
sour gas tank.

Two days later the grass was withering and turning brown in a pattern
shape that resembled a pathway leading to my driveway...  neighbor
hadn't noticed evidently, since I hadn't heard anything... turned out
she was at her mother's place for the weekend or something, fortunately.

Linda said:

"You could always paint the brown grass green."

She was joking.

That evening when it got dark I sneaked outside with a spray can of
Krylon "porch chair green" paint and painted the brown grass.   Never
heard a word about it from the neighbor.

Significant other still to this day talks about it.

tony..