<VV> Oil Pump Q/Paper gasket

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Sep 25 13:30:40 EDT 2009

I have taken to using weather strip cement for cork and paper (not
rubber!) gaskets.  A very thin coat dries quickly and keeps the
gasket from moving while installing and tightening.  I generally put
it on one side only.  So for an oil pan I'll glue the cork gasket to
the pan, then install it with nothing further.  This has been by far
what I have the most luck with.  And I've tried every kind of rtv,
gasket sealer, etc that there is.  But it may also just work well
because of the way I do things, who knows? Eric

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Tesla Motors builds electric sports cars.  Founded by my brother
Martin.  http://www.teslamotors.com

This is where we go on vacation every year -- come join
us!  http://www.sprucedaleranch.com