<VV> Battery Expllosion

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 27 07:38:18 EDT 2009

One reason I do not beleive in a battery tender is it generates some fumes
from the battery.
A marginal connection at the terminal and hitting the key can cause your
accident.
If a battery is bad, it's bad. If it's good, it will hold it's own charge
for 6 month's without a tender and the terminal disconnected.

I have blown up my share of batteries, twice while looking directly at them
and attaching jumper cables(thank god I wear glasses).
And one that happened similar to your incident, under a closed hood by
turning the key.
None of mine though happened in a Corvair.

Gary Swiatowy