<VV> Battery Explosion

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 27 07:45:44 EDT 2009

Sent first reply, prior to reading this one.
I also had a battery go bad in my 66 Coronet.
Meeting people to take a trip to Erie PA from Buffalo Area for a show.
Went to start the Coronet and smoke came out from under the hood.
Fusable link fried.
Called  AAA and he wanted to give me a jump start.
First 12 volts, then  24...........(we had tried bypassing the link)
Dead short in the battery. Year old.
They replaced the battery under warranty, but didn't want to know me about
any other damages.

Fried my MSD unit as well.

Gary Swiatowy