<VV> Old-time oil spray rustproofing question

dennis dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Sun Sep 27 21:09:36 EDT 2009

Many years ago I bought a long nozzled spray gun that was designed to spray
oil. I am sure a similar gun is made today.  You just use dirty oil drained
from a vehicle.  It just takes about two quarts to do the underside of a
vehicle, spray inside doors etc.  It is an extremely messy job but it is
very effective if done once a year (before winter).   It makes working on
the vehicle rather dirty but I found that it does as good a job as anything
to preserve the undercarriage.  I live about 60 miles from Buffalo in ski
country.  We usually get about twice as much snow as Buffalo and salt is
used heavily.   The undercarriage on my 74 econoline is in next to perfect
condition, but very oily.  It is cheap, very labor intensive, but effective.