<VV> Famous Owners

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Mon Sep 28 22:26:06 EDT 2009

All: The late Frank Winchell, former head of Chevrolet R&D, bought one for
either his mother or grand mother.  He was the guest speaker at the '79
Detroit convention.  Very interesting speech  about the car and the times. I
remember him saying "Would I let my (mother or grandmother) drive a car I
knew was unsafe."

Hope somebody recorded that presentation, but I've never heard of one
existing.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique
                   PCG member

Message: 11