<VV> Famous people that owned Corvairs

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Sep 29 12:25:08 EDT 2009

I'll add

William Shattner -- yes, Captain Kirk, Priceline pitchman, and generally
odd actor.  '64 convertible, back when Corvairs were new.

Hamilton Jordan, White House Chief of Staff during the Carter
administration.  (I may have this one wrong.  It was somebody in the
Carter administration, and I recall it as being Jordan, but I am not sure.)

Colin Powell, retired four-star general and first Secretary of State in
the 2nd Bush administration .  I have never seen a verification of his
ownership of a Corvair, even though it is oft-repeated.

--Bob