<VV> Porsche Corvair etc.

lonzovair at aol.com lonzovair at aol.com
Wed Sep 30 22:37:32 EDT 2009

And they built two 914-8's, one which I saw at the Porsche Museum in Stutgart in April (along with a bunch of other AWESOME cars, but no Corvairs)... it was funny, one of the elder mechanics/restorers there walked up to me and said in his thick German accent "What is your favorites?" and I told him the early cars through the mid-1960s... he said "But you are too tall to fit!" I said "Yes, I know, but I admire the technology and beauty of the cars. I like the aircooled?boxer design, and I have a Chevrolet from the 1960s that also has an aircooled boxer engine back home in the states.".... he responded "A Corvair? I've not seen one in many years. Excellent?auto for the money!".... I shook his hand and agreed...?

If you ever find yourself in Stutgart, Germany, you really should see the museum.... but they don't have any Corvairs.

;-)

later,

Lonzo.... feeling a little better...