<VV> restore/parts car/junkyard

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 05:24:08 EDT 2010

I cannot recall how many Corvairs I went and looked at and had to walk away.
Many dismantled, and rotted into almost nothing, but the owner still hoping
to retire on the profits.
Even turned away "free" cars, due to the expense of attempting to extract
them and transport them home.
Also seen my share of structurally damaged vehicles, I did bring home.
Brought them home to save their components of value.
Might only be glass, but sometimes a Corsa Dash, or a tele column.
Saved from destruction at the scrapyard, only to become a donor for someone
else's project............
Once brought home a 65 4-door.....mint body, but the underside was so crispy
I nearly fell through when I sat on the seat.
More recently, a Late convertible, with the rear trailing arm actually
pulled out of the body due to rot.
And a Rampside, so bad it finally broke in the middle while trying to hoist
the carcass on a flatbed to get rid of the stripped out remains. Amazing it
did not do that while I flat towed it home.

Gary Swiatowy