<VV> Garage Find: Stunning '61 - 700 Coupe 4 spd. in Cen Fla.

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 18:22:13 EDT 2010

Today, I was driving through our massive retirement community and sitting
in a home garage, I saw the unmistakable rear grill of a Corvair.  Rest of
the car was completely covered with cloths.  Little old Lady was outside
and told me it had been her deceased husbands car and she wants to sell  it.
It is Jewel Blue with matching blue interior, bench seats (blue  vinyl plus
a light colored cloth pattern) and thin whitewall tires.  I  did not
completely uncover the car but did look inside it and it has 35,XXX  miles on it -
which she said she believes to be original.

Car is VERY sharp all over - including the engine bay - where her husband
applied about 12 small "cruise" event decal/plates.  These are applied
around the inside bodywork areas adjacent to the engine.  I'm sure they are
stick-on and will come right off.  The only thing I noticed non-stock was a
small canister device sticking up in the area of the fuel pump.  Didn't  have
my camera with me but I have her info and can go back and take pics.   She s
aid the car is not driveable due to sitting and the "fuel line being
clogged up".  I DID notice a little chrome bubbling on the rear bumper and  a
small bumper dent and a couple of the side trim pieces had some small  denting.
I only saw about 1/3 of the outside of the car.  Paint is  nice and the
interior looks about as near to new and I think you can get.

I asked what she wanted for it and she said $10,000, but sounded like that
is what she would LIKE to get.  I told her that may be a little optimistic
and she didn't go negative on me.  I can take pics and get the VIN and the
engine number.

I would dearly love to have this one but since I just dealt with bodywork/
paint on the "hooligan" '69 coupe, it's not possible.

Joe Dunlap
Lady Lake, Fl.
60 miles north of Orlando
_taruffi57 at aol.com_ (mailto:taruffi57 at aol.com)