<VV> [SCG] Repro battery: vintage looks/mod. inside?

Chuck Facklam cfacklam at roadrunner.com
Sun Apr 4 11:27:12 EDT 2010

The AACA requires the vehicle be driven onto the show field. That said, I
have witness this very scenario many times at AACA shows. The change of
batteries once the vehicle is parked is common. Also common is installing
the wet retro battery just before it is started and driven onto the show
field and then removing it as soon as it is safely back in the trailer. I
prefer to install it at home before I put it in the trailer, but always
remove it when I return home. I have found the retro batteries hold up well
to this low demand life as long as one occasionally charges them with a low
amp automatic charger. And yes, jump starting to get them on the field while
a bit embarrassing is not unusual.

Chuck Facklam, AACA member