<VV> Corvair sighted on Access Hollywood

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 07:30:19 EDT 2010

Of all things my wife was watching the TV show Access Hollywood last night
and there was a Corvair sighting.

On a bit for the new movie Marmaduke, reporter Maria Menounos drove up in a
bright red 62 Corvair convertible with white interior.

Can be seen here:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/maria-menounos-goes-to-the-dogs-for-marmaduke
_video_1217871

Doing a quick search I discovered that it is actually her car.

Plenty of pictures here of her and the car.

http://www.startraksphoto.com/site/gallery/Gallery.aspx?ev=38E37142211

I found out the 62 Vair is the first car she purchased when moving to LA.
Now fully restored but modified, painted candy apple red with custom wheels.

Every once in awhile the topic comes up on famous people or celebrities who
have owned or do own Corvairs.

I don't believe she has ever been mentioned.

Gary Swiatowy