<VV> Fwd: Re: Iowa Convention Schedule

Harry Jensen, Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Sun Apr 11 15:16:00 EDT 2010

Hello--

On 4/11/2010 1:37 PM, John Howell wrote:
 > If you are getting the same complaints every year would it not make
 > sense to correct these problems and not make the same mistakes each
 > year ?

We do.

 > Does CORSA not give each club or group that is planning the next
 > convention a list of `DOs' and `DON`Ts' so they will have a guideline
 > to avoid problems from the past ?

We do one better. We preview the convention at the convention site and
work together with the host chapter on the schedule among other things.
Making up the schedule without conflicts is not that easy.

 > This year all group meetings are bunched up on Tuesday evening, three
 > are at the same time: V-8 Registry, Stock Corvair and Corvanatics
 > groups ! Some of these could have been on Wednesday.

Exactly when on Wednesday? The rally lasts until 5:30 pm and the CORSA
annual meeting starts at 6:45 pm.

If you look through your VV posts on the same topic, you'll see that I
posted the message below 3 days ago.  Do you know how many replies to
that post I have received with alternate suggestions? ONE, from J R.

Both Ken Pepke and Clark Hartzel know how difficult convention
scheduling is because they were both heavily involved in the 2007
convention. Sarah Beltrami and the others from the Florida clubs know as
they worked on the FL conventions. Jamie Reinhart, Bob Dunahugh, Chuck
Prosise, and Eric Prosise know as they're working on this years convention.

Suggestion for a positive contribution to this thread: Download a copy
of this year's schedule. (There should be a link to one attached to this
message.) Make changes to it and send it back to me (privately). If you
want me to send you privately a copy, let me know.

--H

PS. Thanks to ALL THOSE who have given their time and efforts to help
make the conventions great!