<VV> Conventions and Costs

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 22:40:20 EDT 2010

Having just returned from the National Convention where I heard the
comments concerning convention costs and scheduling, I will volunteer to host
the
1988 convention. In order to keep costs at a minimum, I'll try to get the
City Council to permit me to erect 12-man squad tents in the Trinity River
Bottom, in lieu of costly hotel facilities. They allowed the protesters to
the  Republican convention to camp there, so a precedent has been set. The
EPA may  object to the digging of slit trenches, but this is much cheaper than
renting  portable sanitation facilities.
I won't plan to provide any bathing  facilities since the Convention will
last only four days. We can hold the  Concours where the cowboys corralled
the longhorn cattle they drove down the  river bottom during the Republican
National Convention. The cow chips should be  pretty well dried up in four
years.
I think you can see that we could have a  cheap convention. I'll start work
on this as soon as you accept this  proposal.
Oh, yes—since the July date of the convention interferes with our  annual
club birthday picnic, for the convenience of all, I'll sandwich the '88
convention in between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Todd Marsh, Dallas,  TX

Just show us NOTHING changes!!   people like to complain!!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm