<VV> Planning WAS Convention Scheduling

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Apr 12 06:21:22 EDT 2010

Hi John:
Because each convention is managed by a whole new group of people all the mistakes are new each year.  It just happens that they are pretty much the same as the ones from the previous year.

CORSA does supply a list of general requirements but they do not really offer `DOs' and `DON`Ts.'  Most of the scheduling is a 'start from scratch' [or reinvent the wheel] process.  Some of the Buffalo 2006 committee offered to and did meet with the Detroit Area Corvair Club before the 2007 convention and were a really great help.  After the 2007 convention I collected information from the other 4 members of the CORE GROUP which managed our whole show. I assembled and published a paper which highlighted the problems and pitfalls of our 2007 efforts and we sent it to the heads of the convention for next three years and also to CORSA.  As it was an unofficial publication I do not know if it was a help or not but, so far as I know, it was the only one of its kind.
Ken P

"John Howell" <32chevy at 0306.org> wrote:  [in part]

If you are getting the same complaints every year would it not make sense to
correct these problems and not make the same mistakes each year ?

Does CORSA not give each club or group that is planning the next convention
a list of `DOs' and `DON`Ts' so they will have a guideline to avoid problems
from the past ?

>snip<
John