<VV> On-line Communique

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 05:01:29 EDT 2010

Dennis - point taken, but I don't think many would do that. It's a specialty
magazine of a specialty interest group. Even if a few CORSA members did
stoop to that, only a few "free riders" would benefit. Think about it ...
how many of us would forward a pdf of the Communique month-after-month to
some cheapskate that was starving your society of needed revenue?

If I was tempted to steal any of CORSA's crown jewels, it wouldn't be the
Communique - as that would be like swiping the outhouse at Fort Knox - it
would be printing off and handing out the tech tips off VV. Of course, these
days you'd have a lot of wading to do to find one, with as much grousing and
sniping as goes on :-)

Information is a delicate commodity - guard it too zealously, and it becomes
useless. Guard it too loosely, and it becomes less valuable. I see the
Communique as a valuable PR tool for our hobby, but not of such vital
importance that we prevent members from printing it. In fact, maybe it would
encourage a few interested gawkers to look more seriously into buying a
Corvair, if I had a couple home-printed color copies in my car to hand out.
Or, I could get the gawker's email address and send them a sample issue.

jcp