<VV> Planning for the Future

Robby vintagevwbeetles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:36:37 EDT 2010

I don't think anyone is criticizing Jamie for his efforts - I just
think that when you start taking away the few benefits that being a CORSA
member offer, members will leave.  I don't care about the conventions - go
to one every three years at best, I don't belong to a chapter since the
closest one is 90 miles away, I don't need ot belong to CORSA to enjoy my
Corvairs - I belong to CORSA for the Communique (which I admit has become a
little disappointing over the years) and when you cut me down from 12 issues
to 6 issues and keep my dues the same or increase them, I will no longer be
a member.  Remember - Corvair owners can survive without CORSA but CORSA
can't survive without Corvair owners.  When you start taking things away
from your membership, your membership may take their money somewhere else.

But to Jamie's credit he did bring up a great point.  CORSA is determined to
have the Concours on a weekday when the general population is at work.  If
you want people to get to know about Corvairs and possible own them and thus
one day join CORSA, you don't hide the show behind the hotel in the middle
of the week when no one but convention go'ers will be there!!!!    And we
wonder why so few noobies are joining our ranks.

Robby