<VV> CORSA vs Collectible Automobile

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Fri Apr 16 19:56:47 EDT 2010

It seems that one of the most popular and controversial topics in the
Corvair world these days is the cost of CORSA membership.

I recently received a bill for my subscription to "Collectible
Automobile".  A one-year, six issue subscription has a cover price of
$59.70 ($9.95 each).  My special price is only $39.95!

If you've ever seen "Collectible Automobile", it is a gorgeous
magazine.  Lots of great color photos and good articles on wonderful
collector cars.  But forty bucks a year, for six issues, seems pretty
steep.  I don't remember if I paid that much originally; maybe in a
weak moment.  I haven't sent my check in yet and don't know if I am
going too.

But it struck me that this is almost as much as CORSA dues are, for
which I get twelve nice "magazines" and much more.  Now, I know some
of you don't think the Communique is worth a hoot, but I do.  And I
know some of you see no value in the other CORSA benefits, but I do.
CORSA certainly seems to be worth forty-five dollars, compared to this
beautiful magazine.

Just thought this was an interesting observation.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
CORSA member since 1980