<VV> job partially over now, thanks to this list

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 18 20:15:38 EDT 2010

Just drove my convertible to the gas station after replacing the clutch
(thanks for the instructions on the engine only removal that I archived
from this list), and finally (geez you can actually power through turns
now) installing vent tubes in my 4 carburetors (thanks again for the
reminder on this list last week about the article on Bryan Blackwell's
site).

After almost having to replace the delete key on my computer, I thought
I would just say that there is still a lot of good information that
flows through this list. Sometimes getting to it is like water torture,
but it's there for the asking. It would be a shame if this all dissolved.

It's a 40 plus year old car. A lot of us are getting older, and sure we
do not want to let things go. But in the end, we enjoy these cars, and
the fellowship that they provide. And that's what it is all about. Quit
trying to force it. If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, then why
make the last few years horrible?

Thanks again,

Jack Kean
Arlington, Texas
68 Monza Convertible, 140 4 speed

--and right on schedule, it has rained for the past three days after
having one of the driest Aprils in a while. It never fails...........