<VV> HRPT

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 21 17:48:25 EDT 2010

No, I don't think GM ever thought there was a problem w/ this particular part which is why they used it until May 14,1969. I think they only coupled it to the post of the circuit breaker TO SAVE MONEY. It just turned out to be a much more reliable setup than the HRPT. I'm no fan of this part as I have also seen these fail but it was always a very easy fix and diagnosis. And it was always very easy to find a good replacement at the junkyard from many other GM cars of the '70's (Vega, Olds, Chev. etc.) As far as the engineer that designed this part, I'll bet he made a good wage in his day and then was able to retire with benefits.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado