<VV> Value of Corvair Engines?

dbaker10 at twcny.rr.com dbaker10 at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 21:28:49 EDT 2010

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to what a couple Corvair engines might be worth?

My father has 2 engines he is interested in getting rid of. Someone asked him how much he would want for them, but we don't know what they might be worth. That person is not a Corvair person, so I assume he would just want them for scrap or to try to resell.

Would any Corvair person out there be interested in them?

The first engine is from a 1960 with a differential and Powerglide transmission attached. It has most sheet metal and other parts. It's missing the fuel pump, generator and the adapter for those parts. The exhaust logs and lower shrouds are also gone.

The second engine has crankcase code RH, which I found to be a 1965 or 1966 Hi Performance with Powerglide. I'm assuming that would be the 110 HP engine. Exhaust logs, lower shrouds and alternator also missing. Most sheet metal also there.

These engines have been sitting for I'm guessing 30+ years. Neither engine would turn over using a breaker bar on the harmonic damper bolt.

Would anyone be interested in them, or could anyone give me an approximate value for them? they are located in Oswego, NY

Thanks in advance.

Dave Baker