<VV> HRPT

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 00:36:16 EDT 2010

At 01:41 PM 4/21/2010, Chris & Bill Strickland wrote:

> >Lack of Maintainance!
> >

>Hah!  How do you maintain something that is designed to melt when used?
>It's like trying to "maintain" an ice cube!  Oh, I know, push-on
>push-off trailer queens and other non-ops.

When I converted the '62 ragtop to alternator a few years ago, I
modified a late wire harness and installed it in the early engine bay
to simplify things... including the original HRPT, installed on the
unibody rail just like it was in the donor '65 rustbucket that had
plowed into that bridge abutment.   It was an original HRPT that to
this day is still original and still working and still has never
given any trouble.

Likewise the ones in the other lates here.   They all work.

So, what am I doing wrong?

tony..