<VV> Cord with turbo

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 18:13:21 EDT 2010

A turbo connected to a 2 speed powerglide is not a great combination in any
vehicle.

The Glen Pray Cords were typically made 140 PG or 180 4sp.  The shift
linkage for the 4sp was a sight to behold as I understand it.

My Cord 8/10s was "born" a 180 4sp.  converted to a 95 PG (turbo removed,
4sp replaced with PG). then the turbo added back. Thus it is now a 180 PG.

The turbo is not exercised enough.  On-ramps it may kick in. Otherwise I
need to be in going really fast to invoke it.  I may not be operational now,
i have not exercised it enough (the car or the turbo).

It is drivable -- nice cruising vehicle.  the turbo gets plenty of attention
at shows but is, as noted above, mostly for show in this combination.  a 3
sp PG would be a better combination if an auto trans.

tim mahler