<VV> Quite a shock (humor?)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 01:13:09 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/23/2010 6:05:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
carmerjr at mindspring.com writes:

Without  listing a number of them, what are "shocks"? 
>If I use that term -  shocks - which category of "car enthusiasts" am I 
placed  into? 

Well - That would make you an "American/Canadian car enthusiast". The  rest 
of the English speaking world calls them dampeners or dampers. Because that 
 is what they do - the spring "absorbs" the compression and stores it, for 
a  moment. The spring rebounds, and the cycle begins. The "shock" actually 
dampens  the cyclic motion of the spring. Anyway, that's why they are 
properly called  dampers. Of course, if you don't want to be considered a dork 
(here in the  US), you call them shocks. Fer Shur,dude! 
Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list