<VV> Weird lighting incident

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 17:48:10 EDT 2010

>Absolutely; floor switch.
>

>>I hit the floor button to turn the high beams on.
>>Instead of the high beams coming on, the headlights went off.  I thought I
>>blew a fuse.

could also just be the plug-in to the switch and bad / corroded
connectors -- the headlights switches have a circuit breaker built-in
and it can go bad, but the first thing is the dimmer switch, and they
give enough trouble that if it is not new, replace it.  The fact that
they went out and stayed out makes one think that maybe the hdlt sw cb
may have been the culprit keeping them off last night, but probably
because of  bad connections at the dimmer. When / if it happens again,
stop and just wait until the cb untrips and the lights come back on.
The hdlt sw is not a common GM problem, but happens all the time in
mid-seventies Ford pick ups, without a bad dimmer -- the breaker just
get's weak.

Bill