<VV> Pointless Answers

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 00:13:13 EDT 2010

Bill, please follow the  questions closely, as your comment does not.
The original poster wanted to know if anyone had used an early PG behind
a 164 cu in engine, not the difference between early and late PGs. So
the answer "I have used both and have not noticed a difference" is a
good answer. Here is the original post:

Just curious...has anyone ever used an early model  (1960-63) Powerglide
>transmission connected to a 164 cu inch engine?
>
>According to the Shop Manuals, the 1964-69 PG had  increased oil pressures
>and was beefed up to match the 164 CID. So if one were  to mate a 1960-63 PG
>to a 164 CID engine, how would this work out?
>The EM transmission has lower internal  pressures which might make it shift
>differently (or badly) when tied to a 164  cid engine.
>
>Has anyone done this?  Were there any  problems with this combination?

People filling in more data, even RTFM, are trying to help. It remind us
how much data there is out there, and helps sell more books.

Frank DuVal