<VV> Powerglide interchange

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 00:26:37 EDT 2010

Bill, what have you got against Tony? His is a real world example of the
cars we drive. Not everyone has factory fresh Corvairs at their disposal
to mix and match factory fresh parts. Does not Tony's 110 164 cu in
engine have the higher torque you speak of? Is it not mated to a 1960
PG? Just try to get an earlier Corvair PG to experiment with! Is the
transmission not performing just as well now as when the engine was
installed?

Just remember the original question: "Has anyone used an early model PG
with a 164 engine?" Tony has, and with no documented troubles.

If you want to do an engineering paper on problems using an early PG
with a 164 cu in engine, I suggest you do not ask here, but invest in
new parts to do a proper engineering test. The rest of us in the real
world will still use used parts and drive our cars, swapping stories of
swapping parts not approved by GM.

Frank DuVal