<VV> Speedometer cable lube

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 26 15:12:36 EDT 2010

On my '63 Rampside I removed the cable from the vehicle, removed the inner cable, cleaned it with brakeklean, blew air thru it, wiped off the inner cable, and then used wheel bearing grease and reinstalled it back into the outer cable. This was done 5 years ago. All this to a cable that was a bit noisy. Now it's quiet.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado