<VV> MuseumBrier is Vair Fair bound

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Apr 27 21:00:36 EDT 2010

Are you ready for the Virginia Vair Fair this weekend? I
have the MuseumBrier all loaded up in the driveway. In
fact it is so loaded up that I will be bringing it to the
event on a trailer. Even my Chevy pickup is full of stuff.
What kind of stuff? How about the CPF traveling display
including a prototype Rochester Fuel Injected Corvair
engine? Circa 1962! We also have a modular six-cylinder
Corvair engine that was planned for a 1964 introduction,
but got shelved. Also in the display is an aluminum case
4-speed Corvair transmission. This one was designed for
the 1960 Corvair but the material was switched over to
cast iron for the case before they actually released it
for 1961 production. Have you ever seen a 1958 Holden
Suburban? We have a wind tunnel model of one in the
display. Of course most of you know that vehicle as a
Corvair Greenbrier!

I will also have a good selection of CORSA merchandise
available for purchase by any CORSA member present. Not a
CORSA member yet? Don't worry! I'll have free copies of
the Communique with a membership application right there
on the dust jacket. Stuff loaded in the truck and 'Brier
includes: T-shirts (LOTS of T-shirts!), hats, patches,
decals, pins, membership rosters, the new Tech Guide
Volume 3, the excellent Corvair Basics manual and a few
Clark's catalogs if you haven't gotten your copy yet.
Please plan to buy some of this stuff and make my return
trip to Slippery Rock a little lighter!! At least stop by
the MuseumBrier display and visit. We can swap lies, er I
mean "stories" about our Corvair conquests. See you in
Leesburg? - Caveman Pete