<VV> Laura Bush on Corvairs

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 10:09:00 EDT 2010

Jack,
I saw nothing in Steven's comments that could be considered political. He
was simply commenting on the article he read. Go back and read his original
email again. I have posted it below for you to see.
Dan Terry
1965, 140 hp. Corsa coupe
President-Corvair Atlanta

From: Steven Serenska:
VVers:

There is an article in today's New York Times concerning  Laura Bush's
forthcoming book.  I'm sure that everyone on this list  knows she was
involved in a fatal car accident in which the other driver was  at the
wheel of a Corvair.

While it's clear from her words that the  cause of the accident was her
blabbing with her friend, being distracted,  and running a stop sign,
Laura Bush seems to make an attempt to lay off some  of the blame on the
Corvair:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/28/books/28laura.html?no_interstitial

All  politics aside, casting aspersions like this is both annoying and
unfortunate.  I wish she had just said "the accident was my fault and I
am devastated by it."

Grrrr.

Steven J. Serenska

'65  Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4

In a message dated 4/28/2010 10:00:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Does  someone know if Steven is new to Virtual Vairs?
Perhaps he should be  advised to read the VV monthly guidelines.
Take your off topic political  comments to VV Talk Steven.  That's where
they
belong.

Now,  back to Corvairs...

Jack O'Shea
Las Vegas

> There is an article in today's New York Times  concerning Laura Bush's
> forthcoming book.  I'm sure that everyone  on this list knows she was
> involved in a fatal car accident in which  the other driver was at the
> wheel of a Corvair.
>
> While  it's clear from her words that the cause of the accident was her
>  blabbing with her friend, being distracted, and running a stop sign,
>  Laura Bush seems to make an attempt to lay off some of the blame on  the
> Corvair:
>
>  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/28/books/28laura.html?no_interstitial
>
>  All politics aside, casting aspersions like this is both annoying and
>  unfortunate.  I wish she had just said "the accident was my fault and  I
> am devastated by it."
>
> Grrrr.
>
> Steven  J. Serenska
>
> '65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
> '66 Corsa  Coupe, 140/4

> Change your options:
>  http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs
the property
of  the writer, please attribute properly. For help,
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options: