<VV> Corvairs in Print

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 16:11:20 EDT 2010

Hey all,
     Yesterday, I saw the June issue of "Collector Car Market Review" on the stand.  I was very surprised to see the rear end of a Yellow '65 Corsa Coupe on the cover.  Inside, there is an article called Market Snapshot: 1965-66 Corvair Corsa.
     The article begins with the statement, "There is perhaps no other postwar American car surrounded by as much misconception as the Chevrolet Corvair."  Then it recites some of the design philosophy of the 'Vair, many of the wonderful things we all know about them, a few of the lies, some statistics about what 'Vair values have done in the past few years, and their analysis of why 'Vair prices are what they are.
     In the end, the article praises the devoted enthusiasm of US for our cars, and the support that we and all Corvair owners can receive from CORSA, and parts suppliers such as Clark's.  The article ends with, "With reasonable prices,a devoted following and an impressively strong support network, you'd be hard pressed to find a better hobby car."
     Even if I didn't already know about how good Corvairs and Corvair people are, after reading that article, I'd have been impressed.

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4
'63 Greenbrier - 110/4

.